Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dolly!


She's the little woman with the big voice and one of the best singer/songwriters to ever live. Dolly has literally written thousands of songs. She's sold a few records.

I guess you could say she works a lot more than just a 9 to 5 job. She's honest, refreshing and funny. I've always found it ironic that she could be so authentic while so much of her physical appearance is fake. She's just a Backwoods Barbie, after all and has never strayed too far from the roots of her Tennessee Mountain Home. But she's no Dumb Blonde and her mistakes are no worse than yours Just Because [She's] a Woman.

Dolly you are one of my heroes (heroines?) and still kickin' as a consummate performer. I will always love you, Dolly.

I know there's "More Where that Came From!"

What are some of your favorite Dolly songs?

Oh, and it's peaches and cream again for me today.

Thanks to Kate the Great Baker for the photo.

3 comments:

  1. I'll always think of her at her sassiest as Truvy in Steel Magnolias!

    We love her so much, we named our turkish Akbash after her. Big Dolly's a blonde, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thanks for reading and commenting on my neglected little blog, Heather. Should I know what a Turkish Akbash is?

    Also, there's an updated (somewhat) version of my blog at adventuresinoatmeal.com

    ReplyDelete