Thursday, January 13, 2011

On My Mind

I don't know about you, but more often than I should, I wonder if what I do or think is "normal." To some extent, I think we grow out of this, but every once in a while I feel the need to gauge my level of crazy.

On my mind in particular is, well, what's on my mind. And that is... anything and everything. I'm ALWAYS thinking about what seems like a thousand different things, solving problems, and just organizing clutter in my mind. The heaviest "traffic" times are when I'm in the shower, in the car by myself, and of course, when I try to go to sleep at night.

It then occurs to me that I have a lot on my mind and so follows my quest to solve the problem of trying to solve so many problems with my mind. So, friends, is this "normal"? Is it a woman thing? It always seems women do have lots of problems to solve. Is it compounded with a husband, kids, pets, mortgage, etc? How do you combat the cacophony?

One thing in particular that works for me is music. I am enjoying Joey + Rory lots right now, so I will share a song from them. I'm new at this, but you should hear a song from them by clicking this link.

Today's oatmeal: not oatmeal, but Honey Nut Cheerios, but I'm still fighting cholesterol, right?


2 comments:

  1. I think it's definitely a woman thing. And we're ALL crazy! I've found that making lists helps "combat the cacophony". Or if its something I can't put on a list to pray about it. OR distract myself with a good book, tv show or chore. My mind is usually running wild with "to do's" so once I have them on paper I don't have worry about forgetting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you're not the first to suggest making a list. What is helpful about that for your brain? Does checking things off help get it out of your mind?

    ReplyDelete