Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Life is Different


As I considered starting a blog, I kept thinking, "everybody blogs." And it seems like everyone does. But as I do with many decisions, I do a cost-benefit analysis. Most people do this I'm sure, but it's only the truly nerdy that name it. Go nerds!

One particular reason kept jumping out at me as the reason to go ahead and write (type?). My life is different.

A lot of my friends discuss children and/or pets on their blog. I have neither. Some folks blog about the beautiful and delicious food that they make. I don't have a real kitchen.

So, this should be interesting.

Today the 112th Congress swears in and that's what's affecting my schedule today. For those who don't know, I work in politics--well, quasi-politics. So, rather than a school schedule or potty training, my life tends to revolve around election and legislative cycles. Although, I could make the argument that dealing with the legislature is not unlike dealing with children. Was it Mark Twain that said diapers and politicians should be changed often and for the same reason?

My life is different because I'm single and nearing 30. (Turning 30 is definitely a topic that will come up again). I like to say doing things oneself is not for the faint of heart and every day is an adventure.

For those who are already bored, thank you for reading this far. I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing.

I'm still not sure what will be of interest to readers of this blog (if there are any readers), but I can say for sure the goings-on in my life will not be the same as my peers.

Oh, today's oatmeal is bananas and cream. It's my least favorite of the fruit and cream variety of instant oatmeal, but it does the job. I think I will celebrate with a second cup of coffee.

Photo credit: Ashley Gravitt

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging! And I do like the name of your blog. It's unique. I think reading about your adventures with politics and oatmeal will be very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! I tease, but I enjoy your blog as well. Your kids are a lot of fun and interesting to follow.

    ReplyDelete